This simple yet striking leg design is a perfect choice for contemporary and minimal interiors. A quick and easy DIY project, the floating leg is designed to work with easy-to-source lumber and is sized for benches, upholstered seats, accent tables, or coffee tables.
Our mounting bracket has been pre-drilled for ¼” screws, making installation a breeze. The floating metal legs are painted and ready to install, making it even easier for you to update your space and create one-of-a-kind furniture that will last a lifetime.
- Each order includes 2 legs
- Made with 2" x 1" rectangle steel tubing
- 3" wide, 3/16" thick mounting plate pre-drilled with ¼” holes (6-8 holes per plate)
- The height of leg from floor to top of the frame is 19" and from floor to top of the mounting plate is 13"
- Width is 11 ¼” (designed to fit the actual width of a nominal size 12" piece of lumber no more than 4 ¾” thick)
- Legs are powder coated (matte black or semi-gloss white )
Please note: listing is for steel frame only. Wood is not included.
What size screws do I need?
Our mounting plate is pre-drilled for ¼” screws. Screw length will be determined by the thickness of your tabletop. Select the longest screw you can that will not puncture the table top. For example, your table top is 1" thick, we would recommend ¾" screw length. For more advice, we recommend consulting your local hardwood store.
How do I mount my metal table legs?
1) Turn your tabletop upside down on a scratch-free surface.
2) Position one leg at a time in the corners of the tabletop, approximately 1 ½” - 2 ½” in from the edges.
3) Drill a pilot hole to avoid wood splitting and then temporarily attach the leg with 2 screws.
4) Repeat the process with the remaining legs.
5) Flip the table over and assess your work. Finish attaching your legs with the remaining screws.